Written by William A.Twayigize
Adapted from UNESCO Website
The UNESCO Forum on Gender Equality series is organized on a regular basis by the Division for Gender Equality, Office of the Director-General. Launched on 4 October 2007, in line with the designation of Gender Equality as one of UNESCO’s two global priorities in the new Medium-Term Strategy 2008-2013, the seminars focus on topics pertaining to women’s empowerment and gender equality, with a view to bringing more attention to gender equality issues in relation to UNESCO’s domains.
UNESCO Forum on Gender Equality
- 1st Forum - Social Triage: Gender and the Response to HIV and AIDS in Africa
- 2nd Forum - What do Bonobos have to do with the Millenium Development Goals?
- 3rd Forum - Gender Equality in the UN and beyond
- 4th Forum - The Gender Dimensions of Global Change
- 5th Forum - The Status of Women in Turkey in the Last Decade
- 6th Forum - Justice and Equality: Myths and Stereotypes
- 7th Forum - Beijing: 15 Years After
- 8th Forum - Walking, Drawing. Here and Elsewhere - Women Artists of Québec in the Wide World
- 9th Forum - Finding the Country Within: Women Artists of Québec in the Wide World
- 10th Forum - Elsewhere Is Not As Far As Believed
- 11th Session - Looking Within, Thinking Global
- 12th Session - So Close And Yet So Far: Québec As A Province of France In The Work Of Anne Hébert